Southeastern Alberta, Canada
Experienced Writer / Designer –capable of producing consistent, high-quality material in creative writing, technical writing, and graphic design fields.
Conscientious Editor – possess an eye for detail, enabling the refinement of written material that ensures accuracy in both structure and grammar.
Graphic Designer – experienced with both creative and technical graphic design aspects covering a broad range of industries.
Exceptional Communication – full home office; organizational skills; hardworking and enjoy a challenge.
~ PROFESSIONAL ~
Meets Deadlines Promptly
Broad Computer Skills
Seasoned Problem Solver
SEO & Social Media
Can Work Alone or With a Team
~ HIGHLY MOTIVATED ~
Microsoft Office: Word and PowerPoint in particular
Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Premier, Audition, InDesign – Creative Cloud
WordPress: Web Design, Page Building, Blogging, Graphics, Social Media Posting and SEO
AutoCAD: Technical and Creative Graphic Design; Industry Standard
Final Draft: Industry Standard for Screenwriting
Communication: Outlook, Zoom, Direct X, Skype, Google Chrome, Google Drive, Google Docs, Gmail
Social Media Posting: Buffer, Hootsuite
Social Media Platforms: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Stage 32, Instagram, Google, YouTube, Tumblr, TikTok, SnapChat
Additional Miscellaneous: AP Stylebook Online, Various Online Content Management Systems, Asana, Quicken Accounting, Drop Box, Google Hangouts, Firefox
Accomplished, enthusiastic writer offering a solid background in editing, proofreading and creative design. Over 15 years of experience working online from in-home office: general interest content, creative writing, poetry, editing and proofreading. Strong background in technical writing including engineering, construction, safety, manufacturing, policy and procedures. Skilled in graphic and AutoCAD design; creating, researching and writing an array of materials ranging from web pages to articles to creative graphics for online publications and social media.
Editor / Writer / Graphic Designer – WolfWillow Design (January 2013 to December 2019): Services in writing, editing, drafting, and graphic design fields. Contracts I have worked on include Environmental Health and Safety, Museum Volunteer Policy, Emergency Exit Signage, Various Virtual Assistance Projects and Updating Technical Manuals. I have also been a Controlled Goods Vendor for the Government of Canada in the past, working on sensitive information projects for government departments.
Virtual Assistant / Social Media Coordinator – Dear God & Company (April 2014 to December 2018): Ongoing virtual assistant services in the areas of graphic design, web page maintenance, radio show support, user services and support, newsletters and social media. Maintained a WordPress website, creating new pages as required for various events and classes. Provided ongoing radio show support, providing graphics, newsletters, and consistent posting on various social media platforms. Also provided book illustration, media launch support with audio and video production and editing as required.
CAD Technician / Technical Writer – Medicine Hat College (May 2009 to June 2014): Updated various technical drawings, policy and procedure manuals, and floor plan maps. Produced an in-depth student safety manual for the Power Engineering Department; and a full series of evacuation route maps for the entire MHC property for the Occupational Health and Safety Office on campus. Also produced development permit applications, site plans, renovation plans, snow removal schedules, event plans, and many other technical documents as needed.
Senior Editor / Writer / Journalist – OM Times Multimedia Magazine Online (July 2010 to December 2013): Served as Poetry Editor, Layout and Article Editor, and Writer for this popular digital magazine when it was still in its infancy. Gained experience in web site building and design, professional editing and graphic layout, business directory database listings, and mentoring. My association with OM Times was an essential factor in the growth and quality of my skills.
PAST EMPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE
I have a very broad range of experience in many different fields. Some of the positions I have held in the past include:
- Staff Writer / Journalist – Medicine Hat Shopper Local Newspaper (Held a ‘Good News’ column, meeting a weekly deadline for over 10 years.)
- Assistant Front Desk Supervisor – Days Inn Medicine Hat (Developed and wrote full series of Policies and Procedures Manuals for all departments.)
- Historical Researcher – Conducting Interviews and Compiling Findings (Compiled and wrote an in-depth historical resource document for future interpretive staff.)
- Graphic Designer / Computer Typesetter – Modern Press Print Shop
- Assistant AutoCAD Drafter – Landscape Design / Home Renovation (Indoor and Outdoor)
- Collection Researcher – Museum Collection Conservation/Preservation
- Interpretive Supervisor – Museums, Historical Interpretation, and Public Tours
- Travel Consultant – Retail Travel Sales and Insurance
- Library Assistant – Royal Tyrrell Museum of Paleontology
- Information/Referral Coordinator – Family & Community Support Services – Municipal / Provincial Offices
- Lead Hand – Construction
- Child Care Provider – Private, In-Home
- Telephone Operator Supervisor – Pizza Hut
- Breakfast Kitchen Attendant – Imperial Inn
- Personal Shopper – Real Canadian Superstore
- MNP Self Employment Program – MNP Medicine Hat (APR 2013)
- CAD Technical Illustration Diploma – Medicine Hat College (APR 2009)
- High School Diploma (Upgrading) – Medicine Hat College (APR 2007)
- Travel & Tourism Diploma (Honors) – Calgary Career College (APR 1989)
- Secretarial Certificate – Olds College (APR 1987)
- General Education Diploma – Big Country Educational Consortium (MAY 1986)