Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Experienced Writer – capable of producing consistent, high-quality material in both creative and technical writing fields.
Conscientious Editor – possess an eye for detail, ensuring that written material is accurate in grammar, structure, voice and flow.
Skilled Graphic Designer – experienced with both creative and technical graphic design aspects covering a broad range of industries.
Exceptional Communication – full home office; organizational skills; hardworking and enjoy a challenge.
~ PROFESSIONAL ~
Can Work Alone or With a Team
~ RESOURCEFUL ~
~ CREATIVE ~
~ PASSIONATE ~
~ SERVICE-ORIENTED ~
Meets Deadlines Promptly
Microsoft Office 360: Word and PowerPoint in particular
Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Premier, Audition, InDesign – Creative Cloud
WordPress: Web Design, Page Building, Blogging, Graphics, Social Media Posting and SEO
AutoCAD: Technical and Creative Graphic Design; Industry Standard
Final Draft: Industry Standard for Screenwriting
Communication: Outlook, Zoom, Direct X, Skype
Social Media Posting: Look, Buffer, Hootsuite
Social Media Platforms: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Stage 32, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok
Project Management: Asana
Hello and welcome! If you’re looking for a writer, an editor, or a graphic designer, you’re in the right place.
I’m an accomplished, enthusiastic creative with almost 15 years of diverse writing, editing, proofreading and graphic design experience online. Most of that time was spent as a freelancer, working from home while raising my two children. I now seek to merge my varied freelance career into a long-term contract or employment position.
My skills favour concept creation and producing consistent, high-quality material with an eye for detail. I also strive to be a daily learner, keeping up-to-date on current trends in the spectacular industry of digital multimedia.
If you’re planning to hire someone like me, please read on and have a look at my portfolio. Questions and comments are most welcome through the contact information on the left sidebar.
Thank you for taking the time to visit my site!
Writer / Editor / Graphic Designer WolfWillow Design ~ JAN 2013 to DEC 2020 Freelance contracting services in writing, editing, drafting, and graphic design. Past projects included Environmental Health and Safety, Museum Volunteer Policy, Emergency Signage, Various Virtual Assistance Projects, Updating Tech Manuals, Social Media Graphics and Posting, Book Design, Editing and Illustration.
Virtual Assistant / Social Media Coordinator Dear God & Company ~ APR 2014 to DEC 2018 Graphic design, book support and launches, illustrations, WordPress web site design and maintenance, radio show support, user services and support, educational class support, Facebook group support, maintenance of large email list, newsletters, social media posting on all major platforms, basic video/audio production and editing, and other duties as assigned.
CAD Technician / Technical Writer Medicine Hat College ~ MAY 2009 to JUN 2014 Updated various technical drawings, policy and procedure manuals, and floor plan maps. Produced an in-depth student safety manual for the Power Engineering Department; and a full series of evacuation route maps for the entire MHC property for the Occupational Health and Safety Office on campus. Also produced development permit applications, site plans, renovation plans, snow removal schedules, event plans, and many other technical documents as needed.
Senior Editor / Writer / Journalist OM Times Multimedia Magazine Online ~ JUL 2010 to DEC 2013 Served as Poetry Editor, Layout and Article Editor, and Writer for this popular digital magazine when it was still in its infancy. Gained experience in web site building and design, professional editing and graphic layout, business directory database listings, and mentoring. My association with OM Times was an essential factor in the growth and quality of my skills.
PAST EMPLOYMENT ACCOMPLISHMENTS I’M PROUD OF
- Staff Writer / Journalist ~ Medicine Hat Shopper Local Newspaper: Held a ‘Good News’ column, meeting a weekly deadline for over 10 years. Attended local events, conducted interviews and took digital photos.
- Assistant Front Desk Supervisor ~ Days Inn Medicine Hat: Developed and wrote full series of Policies and Procedures Manuals for all hotel departments, including Front Desk, Maintenance and Housekeeping.
- Historical Researcher ~ Atlas Coal Mine Museum: Conducted over 30 personal interviews and compiled information into an in-depth historical resource document for permanent use by interpretive staff.
- Collection Researcher ~ East Coulee School Museum: Catalogued the entire museum collection, researching provenance and histories of artifacts. Implemented modern conservation, labeling and storage practices to preserve the future quality of the collection.
- Library Assistant ~ Royal Tyrrell Museum of Palaeontology: Researched and updated the entire Special Files and Reprints sections of the in-house library. Compiled an in-depth mobile collection to be installed at the Satellite Field Station in Brooks, AB. Transcribed and catalogued initial papers and field notes regarding the first discovery of dinosaur egg fossils at Brooks.
- Information & Referral Coordinator ~ Family & Community Support Services: Organized and implemented the first International Volunteer Recognition Week activities in Drumheller, AB.
- MNP Self Employment Program – MNP Medicine Hat (APR 2013)
- CAD Technical Illustration Diploma – Medicine Hat College (APR 2009)
- High School Diploma (Upgrading) – Medicine Hat College (APR 2007)
- Travel & Tourism Diploma (Honors) – Calgary Career College (APR 1989)
- Secretarial Certificate – Olds College (APR 1987)