WRITER / EDITOR
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
+1 (403) 529-1347
Competent Assistant – organized | dependable | adaptable | approachable
Experienced Writer / Editor – possess an eye for detail | capable of producing consistent, high-quality material that is accurate in grammar, structure, voice and flow
Skilled Graphic Designer – experienced with both creative and technical graphic design covering a broad range of industries
~ PROFESSIONAL ~
Meets Deadlines Promptly
~ RESOURCEFUL ~
Analytical | Takes Initiative
~ CREATIVE ~
Artistic | Original | Inspired
~ RELIABLE ~
Motivated | Self-Disciplined
~ SERVICE-ORIENTED ~
Maintains Client Focus
~ EXPRESSIVE ~
Excellent Written and Oral Communication
~ FLEXIBLE ~
Inclusive | Collaborative
Microsoft Office 360: Word and PowerPoint in particular
Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Premier, Audition, InDesign – Creative Cloud
WordPress: Web Design, Page Building, Blogging, Graphics, Social Media Posting and SEO
AutoCAD: Technical and Creative Graphic Design; Industry Standard
Final Draft: Industry Standard for Screenwriting
Communication: Outlook, Zoom, Direct X, Skype
Social Media Posting: Look, Buffer, Hootsuite
Social Media Platforms: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Stage 32, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok
Marketing / CRM: Canva, HubSpot
Project Management: Asana
Hello and welcome! If you’re looking for virtual administrative support and a writer/editor/graphic designer, you’re in the right place!
I’m an accomplished, enthusiastic creative with almost 15 years of diverse experience online with writing, editing, proofreading and graphic design. Most of that time was spent providing various forms of virtual assistance as a freelancer, working from home while raising my two children. I now seek to merge my varied freelance career into a long-term contract or employment position.
My skills favour concept creation and producing consistent, high-quality material with an eye for detail. There is nothing I love more than working behind the scenes helping others to achieve their goals and look really good! I also strive to be a daily learner, keeping up-to-date on current trends in the spectacular industry of digital multimedia.
If you’re planning to hire someone like me, please read on and have a look at my portfolio. Questions and comments are most welcome through the direct contact information on the left sidebar, or through the contact form.
Thank you for taking the time to visit my home online!
Freelance Contractor WolfWillow Design ~ JAN 2013 to DEC 2020
- Freelance contracting services in virtual assistance, administrative support, writing, editing and graphic design fields online
- Demonstrated versatility in concept creation and design | Implemented social media campaigns | Developed a set of unique labyrinths for book illustrations | Created Volunteer Handbooks | Emergency Exit Signage | Overall, a diverse combination of creative and technical projects
Virtual Assistant / Social Media Coordinator Dear God & Company ~ APR 2014 to DEC 2018
- Regular posting to all major social media platforms, increasing new membership by 300% | Maintained a WordPress website | Graphic design | Replied to electronic enquiries | Kept track of book sales data, statistics, launches and illustrations | Maintained a large email correspondence list and filing system | Basic video/audio editing and production
- Delivered Radio Show Support | Scheduled and confirmed appointments with show guests | Laid out, typed and proofread email, newsletters, and other documents | Edited audio excerpts of interviews and enticed listeners to the full podcast | Produced weekly graphics
- Provided Online Class Support | Maintained seven Facebook groups | Created and updated class landing pages in WordPress as needed | Relayed messages, greeted attendees, answered questions, solved problems
Senior Editor / Writer / Journalist OM Times Multimedia Magazine Online ~ JUL 2010 to DEC 2013
- Served as Poetry Editor, Layout and Article Editor, and Writer | Assisted with social media posting, editing, interviewing, graphic layout and training
CAD Technician / Technical Writer Medicine Hat College ~ MAY 2009 to JUN 2014
- Power Engineering Faculty: Performed Administrative Support | Screened phone calls, distributed mail and maintained filing | Produced a large Policy and Safety manual for student use
- Facility Operations Department: Updated technical drawings, policy manuals, floor plans and evacuation route maps.
PAST EMPLOYMENT ACCOMPLISHMENTS I’M PROUD OF
- Staff Writer / Journalist ~ Medicine Hat Shopper Local Newspaper: Held a ‘Good News’ column, meeting a weekly deadline for over 10 years. Attended local events, conducted interviews and took digital photos.
- Assistant Front Desk Supervisor ~ Days Inn Medicine Hat: Developed and wrote full series of Policies and Procedures Manuals for all hotel departments, including Front Desk, Maintenance and Housekeeping.
- Historical Researcher ~ Atlas Coal Mine Museum: Conducted over 30 personal interviews and compiled information into an in-depth historical resource document for permanent use by interpretive staff.
- Collection Researcher ~ East Coulee School Museum: Catalogued the entire museum collection, researching provenance and histories of artifacts. Implemented modern conservation, labeling and storage practices to preserve the future quality of the collection.
- Library Assistant ~ Royal Tyrrell Museum of Palaeontology: Researched and updated the entire Special Files and Reprints sections of the in-house library. Compiled an in-depth mobile collection to be installed at the Satellite Field Station in Brooks, AB. Transcribed and catalogued initial papers and field notes regarding the first discovery of dinosaur egg fossils at Brooks.
- Information & Referral Coordinator ~ Family & Community Support Services: Organized and implemented the first International Volunteer Recognition Week activities in Drumheller, AB. Produced an instruction manual for future events.
- MNP Self Employment Program – MNP Medicine Hat
- CAD Technical Illustration Diploma – Medicine Hat College
- Travel & Tourism Diploma (Honors) – Calgary Career College
- Secretarial Certificate – Olds College
- High School Diploma – Medicine Hat College